Thursday, February 5, 2009

Early Morning Urgency

I've been awake since 2:30 this morning. It is Thursday, February 5, 2009. I was restless in my sleep and then I heard my name. No one was awake so I drifted off again. Then I heard a whistle, it was a "hey you" whistle. I jumped out of bed and checked on the kids. Everyone is asleep. I looked out the windows... everything is calm.

Why am I so troubled in spirit?

I began to pray and pray. I pray for the women in my Bible study. I pray for family and friends. I pray for everything I can think of. And yet the uneasiness grows in the pit of my stomach. I feel desperation, I feel sadness, I feel fear. I keep praying.

I check my emails, I check the news, I'm not given clarity on exactly what I'm supposed to be praying for, so I just pray.

It is almost 4:00 AM now. I still have no relief. I want to go to bed so I won't be exhausted in the morning (normal time), but I can't shake this nauseated feeling. Tears flow from my eyes, who am I interceding for?

Is it you? Are you the one who desperately needs to know that God is with you? Do you need to feel the comfort of the Good Shepherd? Who among you is hurting or in trouble with a feeling of no way out? Are you the one who is crying out for peace in your heart?

Well, I'm praying for you with a heavy heart. And even though I don't know who you are, God does and He cares.

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"The LORD gives strength to His people; the LORD blesses His people with peace." Psalm 29:11

"For the word of the LORD is right and true; He is faithful in all He does. The LORD loves righteousness and justice; the earth is full of His unfailing love. By the word of the LORD were the heavens made, their starry host by the breath of His mouth. He gathers the waters of the sea into jars; He puts the deep into storehouses. Let all the earth fear the LORD; let all the people of the world revere Him. For He spoke, and it came to be; He commanded, and it stood firm. But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations. Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people He chose for His inheritance. From heaven the LORD looks down and sees all mankind; from His dwelling place He watches all who live on earth- He who forms the hearts of all, who considers everything they do. But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear Him, on those whose hope is in His unfailing love, to deliver them from death and keep them alive in famine. We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.
May Your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in You."
Psalm 33:4-9, 11-15, 18-22