Monday, March 16, 2009

Today is day # 329

“Man's days are determined; You have decreed the number of his months and have set limits he cannot exceed.” (Job 14:5) "Show me, O LORD, my life's end and the number of my days; let me know how fleeting is my life.” (Psalm 39:4) “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.” (Psalm 90:12)

Since my last birthday I have been literally numbering my days. Probably because I turned 39 and I didn’t want the BIG 40 to sneak up on me. I remember reading the scriptures above and thinking, I wonder if it would make a difference if I actually did start numbering my days.

Today I am on day 329. Has doing this changed the way I do things? I don’t know, but I do know that I am more aware of how quickly time is passing by. I want to do fun things so that I don’t miss out on opportunities with my children. It has made me grateful for the days I have had and this birthday won’t sneak up on me.

I haven’t finished any of my goals that I wanted to have accomplished by the time I turned 40. I know I have a little time left, but I'm not discouraged. I have done things that are more important to me than those goals originally were. One thing is for sure, I feel like I have been more diligent with my days and have not let as many go to waste.

I guess actually assigning a number to each day has made a difference. So I’m going to make today, day 329, count.

Lord, give me wisdom to live my days and use them for Your glory. Open my eyes so that I may see where You want to use me and who You want to bless through me.

1 comment:

Archrisan said...

Ever thought about celebrating your birth hour? Sounds wierd but makes sense when you think about it.