Saturday, April 4, 2009

If You Could Send a Letter?

This is a poem that came to me in the shower when I was visiting my parents over a year ago. It was so strong that I had to write it down immediately. It scared me because I wondered who it was for. Only a few days later, my friend unexpectedly lost her 10 year old daughter Madison. This poem was for her. I added the last four verses at that time and sent it to the family. I am so amazed when God uses me, and there is no mistake in knowing it is Him not me. I thought today I would post it, since it has been one year since Madison went to be with Jesus.

If you could send a letter
What would you say?
A day is really as a thousand
And a thousand only as one day?

Are His Almighty arms
Small enough to hold you tight,
Do you have to shield your eyes
From His Heavenly Holy light?

How is it living without time?
Do you have nights and days?
Do you know what lies before us?
Do you understand all His ways?

If you could send a letter
Would you be able to share?
What your eyes behold
Or is their nothing to compare?

Would you even want to write about
The things that have passed your eyes?
Or is it just too glorious
And you don’t want to ruin the surprise?

I wish I could see you up there in heaven
Do you dance before the King of Kings?
Do you speak with His Angels?
What are the songs that you sing?

What is it like to stand before Him
Seeing Jesus face to face?
To be in the presence of the Creator
To be held in His embrace?

Oh how I wish you could send us a letter
Even though we know you are doing well
Just to hear from you what it is like
With the Everlasting Father to dwell

How is life for you my darling,
Free from your earthly shell
With eyes that see, a mouth that speaks
Perfect arms and legs that didn’t work so well?

God allowed us to be blessed by you
Our hearts long for you my child
Your memory will live on in our hearts
We will miss your happy smile

If you could write a letter
Would you be excited just to say,
The many things you couldn’t do here
You do over and over every day?

I look forward to the time
When we will see you again.
God heal our broken hearts, restore our joy
We love you, Madison.

No comments: