Monday, April 20, 2009

Saying goodbye to my 30's










Even though my 3rd decade was my absolute best ...

I still haven’t learned:
How to conquer laziness
How to plant a garden
How to die to self
Work now and play later
How to keep a plant alive
How to take care of myself
To hate or even dislike fast food
Consistency
How to control my anger
To have an organized and well kept house
Diligence
Eating candy doesn’t make me motivated or happy
How to “just do it”
How to sew
How to bake bread
How to play the guitar
To control my weight

But what I have learned, I hope to pass on to others and grow stronger still

I have learned:
God still speaks
When I am weak He is strong
When I think I stand then I am more susceptible to fall
Knowing my neighbors is a beautiful thing
God is completely sovereign and I can’t ruin His plan.
I have no idea what is going on in someone else’s life so I cannot judge them.
There is a difference between chocolate and “good” chocolate
When I obey God, wonderful things happen
My mom is an amazing person
Kids are a lot of work, but I wouldn’t trade mine for anything
Growth is doing something out of my comfort zone
Women’s Bible Study is powerful
Reading is fun
God is bigger than anything I can mess up
God’s way is so much better than my way could ever possibly be
Praying God’s will is different than praying for God to bless my will
Women are fun to be around and encouraging
God will put me where He wants me I just need to be available
Even when I think things can’t be better God surprises me
When I think I can’t go on, God sustains me
Even when I’m not, God remains faithful
I am only in control of my own spiritual life
I am not the Holy Spirit in other people’s lives
There is nothing I can do to earn God’s love or make Him love me more
I am still under construction
My Maker is in the business of making masterpieces
So, I welcome my new chapter in life. I say goodbye 30's and hello 40's. This next chapter is going to be even better than my last. It will bring adventure and growth in areas I didn't dream possible. My God is on the throne and He knows what He is doing! I am ready to take on the world!
But for now... I need to wash "loverboy's" muddy feet and clean up his footprints from the carpet.

No comments: