Monday, January 12, 2009

Mommy Pray For Me

"With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints," Ephesians 6:18

Today the snow hit us hard, but not until after the schools in our area already posted "normal" status. So, driving slowly and carefully I got Little Professor and Lover Boy to school. In my hustle and bustle state of mind, plus not wanting to spend any extra time outside in the elements, I sent my 7 year old into the building. I called out after him, "I will be in your classroom after I drop off your brother," (I volunteer on Mondays).

I dropped off Lover Boy (his first day back since before Christmas) which is only a few feet away, but seemed to take forever as we walked through the not yet plowed walkway. Then I went into Little Professor's class room and started sorting papers. He goes into a different class for the first part of the morning so I was quite surprised when he walked up to me with tears in his eyes. Very concerned, I asked what the matter was. He couldn't even speak and pointed angrily at me. I was the problem and I had no clue why. He had forgot to pick out his lunch so when he finished, before he went back, I asked him what I did. He said, "Mommy, you didn't pray for me!" trying his hardest to not cry out. I was crushed! Not only does he appreciate me praying for him every morning before school, but he desperately needs it. I sent my child to face his day without connecting him to the Heavenly Father and it truly affected him. I gave him a hug and prayed quickly for him. He smiled through his tears and said, "I will be okay now". Before I left he was back in his home room (there were a lot of papers today!). I waved to say goodbye, and he motioned for me to come to his desk. "Pray again for me Mommy", he said. I was glad too. I whispered a prayer in his ear and gave him a squeeze.


Prayer is so incredibly important! It puts us in contact with the Star Breather, our Creator God! With whom nothing is impossible!


"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. " Ephesians 6:10-13

1 comment:

Carla Madrid said...

Wow you are raising them in a great way. It is so neat to see you teaching them to about prayer. Love you Auntie Carla