Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fresh Start

Happy New Year!

I just love January 1st. I get to leave behind the year before with all it's unfulfilled goals and dreams and start fresh. It is encouraging to me to be able to start over.

I've already been thinking about how I'm going to better myself this year. I have lists and goals swimming around in my head for 2009. I even have goals for my kids.

One thing I love to do is review my journal to see what God did last year. This always opens my eyes to what a personal God He really is. I think I will get to that right away!

1 But now, thus says the LORD, your Creator,… He who formed you
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!
3 For I am the LORD your God, The Holy One of Israel, your Savior
5 Do not fear, for I am with you;
7 Everyone who is called by My name, and whom I have created for My glory, whom I have formed, even whom I have made.”
10 "You are My witnesses," declares the LORD, "and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me there was no God formed, and there will be none after Me. 11 I, even I, am the LORD, and there is no savior besides Me. 18 Do not call to mind the former things, or ponder things of the past. 19 Behold, I will do something new, now it will spring forth; will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, rivers in the desert. 21 The people whom I formed for Myself will declare My praise.
25 I, even I, am the one who wipes out your transgressions for My own sake, and I will not remember your sins.”
Isaiah 43:1,3,5,7,10,11,18,19,21,25

No comments: