Friday, September 26, 2014

Because: 5 Minute Friday

Because:
My first thought was of that old hymn we used to sing in the church where I grew up.
I don't remember any of the song except the chorus:
"Because He lives
I can face tomorrow
Because He lives
All fear is gone
Because I know
He holds the future
And life is worth the living
Just because He lives"

I can actually hear my Grandma Libby singing this in my mind.

Because of her love for my grandfather, they had my dad
Because of his love for my mom, they had me
Because of God's sovereign plan, my days are all accounted for
Because of God's love for me, I can trust Him
Because of God's mercy, I am still alive today
Because of God's grace, I have a wonderful husband and three incredible boys
Because of second chances, I have a soft heart
Because of God being God, I can wake up smiling
Because God won't give up on me, I can keep on going
Because God has a home prepared for me, I can be at peace
Because heaven is real, I have hope
Because I believe..
no one
no thing
can take that away

No comments: