Wednesday, October 1, 2014

MOVE: Day 1 (5 minutes daily in October)

To just move is not enough
What direction am I moving?
I don't want to move backwards
"Do not say, 'why is it that the former days were better than these? For it is not from wisdom that you ask about this.'" Ecclesiastes 7:10 
It is true that I can learn from my past
But...those days are gone
To move back is to miss out on today
I don't want to move side to side either
I do find myself doing this often
It is the deception that I am accomplishing something
To move, just for the sake of moving...
this is wasted effort and energy
I must move forward
To move forward takes courage
  To move forward takes faith
    No one says it has to be giant steps
      Even a baby step forward 
        is more progress
         than a step to the side
It is time to move..
"I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal." Philippians 3:13-14


Join several of us who are planning to write for five minutes every day in the month of October. We’ll be linking up with The Nester’s 31 Day Challenge, to publish a blog post every day in October — 


No comments: