Friday, October 3, 2014

New: 5 Minute Friday

New: coming or occurring afresh
I wonder...
What would be different in my life
In yours
If we looked at everything as being new?
Okay, maybe not everything
But if we looked at each morning as a new start
If we looked at each hour as a new hour
What if we looked at our mistakes as a new learning experience?
What if we looked at the interruptions in our day as new opportunities?
What if we looked at the challenging day as a new adventure?
What if we remembered that we don't have to live on left over mercies from God?
What would be different?
What would change?
What if
we faced each moment
with new focus
new zeal
new hope?
"Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning, great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion, therefore I will wait for Him.'" Lamentations 3:21-24

No comments: