Wednesday, October 8, 2014

SAY: Day 8 (5 minutes daily in October)

What do I say with my words?
Do I choose them wisely?
Do I say things that encourage, build up, and give hope
When I'm not paying attention to my words
I can say a whole lot of hurt

Does what I say show my faith in God?
Does what I say cause other's to fear

What do I say with out my words
My eyes, my facial expressions
they can say much more to someone
than the words leaving my mouth

I want to say "your important to me"
I want to say "you matter"
but if I'm not careful
just a look away
a distraction
can actually say
I wish you would hurry because
your taking up my time

good listeners say so much with their eyes
people who care deeply say more than mere words
when they touch your hand or give you a hug
people who are frustrated, impatient, or angry
only need to look at you
and you know exactly what they saying without trying

what about
those eyes that never meet yours
or don't stay very long before looking down
they say i'm not ready to talk
or I don't want to be vulnerable
at least not until I know I can trust you

What do my eyes say?
Do they cancel out what I say with my mouth?

No comments: