Friday, March 25, 2016

Alive: 5 Minute Friday

Today is a special day for me
It marks the day I truly became alive
There is a difference
Being alive physically
And being alive spiritually
1969 I became alive physically
1977 When I accepted Christ as my Lord and Savior
I became alive spiritually
It was on "Good Friday"
All those years ago
I accepted the truth of what He did on the cross
For me
Because of love
His death
His resurrection
His payment
His ransom
For me
I am alive
Forever
Never to be separated from Him
Eternally alive
When death claims this outward shell
I will be with Him in glory
Not because of me
Not because of anything I have done
Because of Him
Because of all He has done
I am alive
Forevermore

About 5 minute Friday - To participate write for five minutes on the word of thew week. Post your words on your own blog. This is meant to be a free write: no editing, no over thinking, no worrying about perfect grammar or punctuation. Just write. To get the word of the week go to Five Minute Friday on Facebook

No comments: