Sunday, December 14, 2008

Falling Snow


It's been snowing off and on all day long today. I've got a sick husband a sick three year old and from the sound of it possibly a sick seven year old. Oh oh, and now a sick 5 year old. I did manage to go out and shovel the driveway around noon, but the snow has already covered it again.

I love when the snow is just falling, it is so peaceful and quiet. It is quite another story when the wind is blowing. I must have stared at it for 15 minutes today. I was amazed at how many different directions the wind would carry it. Sometimes the snow falls to the left, sometimes to the right and then in a spiral. I was mesmerized.

According to the news, "Winter weather is expected to hang around for most of the week, with highs not making it above the 20's until Thursday". Above the 20's? Last winter didn't seem this cold to me. But maybe God blessed us since it was our first winter in Colorado Springs coming from San Diego.

Currently it is 2 degrees outside. Burrr So far today I've had 5 cups of coffee, 2 cups of sugar free hot cider, and 3 cups of just plain hot water. There is something very comforting about knowing my God is in control and holding a hot drink, even if it is only water.

I hear laughter coming from the living room, maybe my sick men are feeling better? Naw, they are all watching "America's Funniest Home Videos". I think I'll join them, after all laughter is the best medicine.



"God thunders marvelously with His voice;
He does great things which we cannot comprehend.
For He says to the snow, ‘Fall on the earth’;

Likewise to the gentle rain and the heavy rain of His strength.
He seals the hand of every man,

That all men may know His work.
The beasts go into dens,

And remain in their lairs.
From the chamber of the south comes the whirlwind,

And cold from the scattering winds of the north.
By the breath of God ice is given,

And the broad waters are frozen.
Also with moisture He saturates the thick clouds;

He scatters His bright clouds.
And they swirl about, being turned by His guidance,

That they may do whatever He commands them
On the face of the whole earth." Job 37:5-12 NKJV

1 comment:

shalom said...

it sounds beautiful! its raining here and about 60's and we are all freezing funny huh.