Friday, December 26, 2008

Train Ride

Waiting in front of the tracks for our train.
Uncle Armand, Uncle Arlin, Curious George, Little Professor, and Lover Boy

Me and my brother Arlin
Today we decided to take the train from Los Lunas where my parents live to Albuquerque. It was a great idea, except that the train never came. We were freezing, the snow was falling, and the kids were patiently watching for that darn train.
I guess our first clue should have been the fact that there were no other cars around. It was just us, and two other young people who had been dropped off. But then we saw it, a small sign on a bulletin board.
NO SERVICE THE DAY AFTER CHRISTMAS.
Great!
I tried to encourage the kids by saying that we would drive the same route, and possibly get there sooner. After all we were still going to dinner in Albuquerque. We could even pretend we were on a train. My sweet Curious George says, "mommy, I'm sorry to say this, but I lost my imagination." "Oh no", I said sadly, "that is just too bad, you have such a great imagination". "Well", he said, "I just can't imagine that we are in a train when I see the train track right next to us".
Oh well, Dinner was good. Maybe we will try to ride the train another day.










1 comment:

Misty said...

That is too cute! You get that boy on a train so he can find his imagination again!