Monday, December 29, 2008

The House I Grew Up In

This is a picture of the house I grew up in. It was custom built by my father and is octagon like a Hogan.


This is the back (east side) of the house. The living area is on the top floor and the bedrooms are on the bottom. Half of the bottom floor is underground.

This is the view looking east. And the road that will take you to El Cerro Mission.

This is the north side of the house. It faces out toward the foothills and Albuquerque which is too far away to see.

This is the west side of the house. This is my mother's dream house. With a view from every window.
Although the hills I played on as a kid have changed a little, this first hill is still the same. My brother's and I call it "where the moon landed". Many of my prayers were prayed at the top of this hill when I was young.




1 comment:

PastormacsAnn said...

Love these photos of your folks home. Warm memories there. I love thinking about and remembering you tell us about how your dad built the house by himself and the trouble he had with getting the ceiling beams up (think God's hand helped him)

Is it just me, or have your mom and dad mellowed through the years?